Submitted: 04-14-2003 by ssnyde2

I purchased a Perception Corona and took it on the water once. Very fast, very sleek, but I realized my priorities on the water are not getting from point A to point B at Warp 2. (Yes, a foolish, expensive lesson) Today, after much thought and reading, I purchased the Pungo 140. I have been paddling canoes and messing around in boats for years, so I was a bit concerned about the extra width, and it being a rec boat. Have no fear. If you are a novice to kayaking, and your main goal is to enjoy yourself doing virtually anything on the water, this is the boat. The cockpit is large enough to be completely comfortable--I am 6' tall at 212 lbs. I love the fact that when fishing I can kick my feet up on the coaming and completely relax. I can also change leg positions on extended trips--major plus. Loads of room for fishing gear, camping gear, whatever rings your bell. The Phase 3 seating system is quite simply a floating Lazyboy. Also, this boat is FAST, so if you are in a hurry, it will handle the demand, and glides extremely well. In my opinion, it's simply a great all around performer. Feels stable, and when you hit the secondary stability zone, it feels like the boat wants to stop right there. Sit in it. Paddle it. Then go find another boat that will do all the things this one can. It will be a long search. (No, I don't sell 'em, and don't work for WS--I am simply very impressed with this kayak.)