Submitted: 04-10-2003 by Simon

Haven't had any rivers running since getting this boat, so my review is based on flat water, ocean surf (6' to 7' waves) and one trip to a ww stadium (soon to be two trips). It's an excellent boat. In the sea surf I was managing to bounce almost completely out of the water off the front of the wave. 180 turns on the surf pile are dead easy, back and side surfs without even trying. On flat water I'm still learning, but I can get a stern or bow in with ease, and have almost got a cartwheel. At the ww stadium (Sydney) which is 300m of grade 3, I had no problems downriver running, and found it very easy to control. I'm only a beginner at surfing etc, but it seemed easy enough to get into the holes and play. If as I learn more I still like it as much as I do now, I'll put the rating up.

Sawyer Paddles: