Submitted: 04-10-2003 by MNS

I have had my Millenium for four months under conditions from perfect-day flatwater to full gale. Overall, I love it, but like most kayaks, it has a few quirks.

I still can't get over the sheer beauty of the design. Workmanship is outstanding, with many extra touches. Between the broad foot paddles and unusually designed seat, it's far and away the most comfortable kayak I have paddled. It slices through the water with almost no wake, making even high-speed travel amazingly easy, and it tracks arrow-straight, even with skeg retracted. It also rolls beautifully.

The bad points: While it's very stable and safe in high winds, it becomes nearly impossible to turn, especially into the wind, without laying it nearly on its side. Even in calm conditions this is a slow-turning boat. Beginners will probably find it tippy, and I still feel uneasy sometimes paddling broached in heavy chop. Yet it's never taken more than a light brace to keep it upright. 9 going on 10.