Submitted: 04-09-2003 by Mike

Yesterday I took my new inflatable out to the Lafayette (CA) Reservoir for my first test ride. I have never been in a kayak, and only a few times in a canoe, so I was fortunate to have absolutely calm waters as I slipped into the water. I was somewhat nervous, given that I had previously read some of the reviews on this page. I found the experience completely satisfying. Very easy to set up (after two practice sessions prior to going to the reservoir). Easy to paddle and maneuver. And a joy just to sit and relax. (I particularly appreciate the front zipper, which allowed me to put my legs up on the deck and lounge.) Later in the afternoon a wind picked and gave me a chance to experience a little resistance. No problem paddling against the wind, or perpendicular to it. I am glad that I heard of the boat and had a chance to purchase it. A great boat for a beginner.