Submitted: 04-08-2003 by gamegeek

I'm rating this a 10 compared to like sized kayaks. The only thing better than this kayak is two of them. My wife was somewhat against kayaking but after her first time out she was ready for me to get her one too! My wife was very reassured by the amount of stability.

I love this size because it's so easy to carry, put on top of the car, and to store. At 9'5", I'm able to store them vertically in the garage which takes up very little space compared to having a larger kayak that I would have to store horizontally. I know that a larger kayak would probably track better but I was really surprised by how well they do track.

Size-wise, I'm able to put my 6-year old in front of me and take her too and we're very comfortable for around an hour, then out legs start getting cramped. We even take a fishing pole and small tacklebox for fishing.

Overall, I wish I had bought my boats years ago and I can't recommend them enough. I looked at the Dagger Zydeco and the cheaper Perception Swifty but the Sundance 9.5 was better made, cheaper than the Zydeco, and in my opinion had better styling than the other boats. It also has deeper, longer grooves in the bottom which I would think help it to track better.