Submitted: 04-07-2003 by Keith

Plastic tandem kayak is relatively light at 83 lbs. It is inexpensive and stable and moves through the water well. This is our first kayak. I would suggest this kayak to someone looking for a double at a reasonable price. The seats are very comfortable with a cup holder. The cockpits are big and easy to get in and out of. We feel very safe in this kayak in all conditions. My only complaint is that there is not enough clearance for your feet, they start to feel cramped between the deck and the floor. Also it is hard to tract without the rudder but might be my technique. Prior to this kayak we borrowed an Easy Rider Sea Eagle and took this on several trips. The Norstar kayak moves through the water much better but doesn't have the storage of the Sea Eagle. We are yet to do an over night but have used it on several trips around Porland Oregon and it has performed well.