Submitted: 04-04-2003 by Serge Thomas

I know this is my second post but I just wanted to let people know that the hull slap is not a problem to chase spooky fish. The hull slap is commensurate to the water's chop and thus, the ride remains unnoticeable to even the spookiest fish such as permits and bones.

The ride is so stable that I put a 2' poling platform on it and I pole it more than I paddle it. I am planning to add a sail and two outriggers at the front to be able to extend the poling platform to 3 or 4 feet. The highest you are, the easiest, you will be able to spot fish in fairly deep water with a sun not at its zenithal position.

The ride is the best kayak ever made for fly fishing and the flat deck is really important as it allows the fly fisherman to store his fly line easily.

The ratio stability/speed is the best one can have. Off course, it will be slower than a scupper pro or another kayak with slick curves that does not allow you to stand. So, if speed is your concern, this is not the kayak to chose. On a flat, you want to move slowly and look around carefully for any shadow that might be a fish. I paddle the yak 5 km an hour and this is enough.

This kayak is primarily good to fish the shallows while standing on it for a better sight fishing. You guys will love it for that specific purpose.