Submitted: 03-28-2003 by Johny

I've used this boat for a few months now and I am mostly pleased with it. I did add a homemade back band to the existing one to raise it up some. The bulkhead does tend to leak a bit. I put everything in drybags anyway. We do river tours, and it's nice to have all that extra storage area. (unlike the play yaks)

I took it on a run a few weeks ago from Beasley Flats to Childs. It's 18 miles of class II-III-IV and V whitewater at 3000 c.f.s. It did real well in six and seven foot waves. I was very impressed with the handling features of this craft. I got caught in a hole below Punk Rock rapid, and had to wet exit. After my 3/4 mile swim, I found the boat pinned cock pit out against some trees in the current. True to advertising, after 40 minutes I was able to free the boat, and the dry storage did not implode. It had a football sized dent in it, but when I turned it over and laid it in the sun, it popped right back to regular shape.

I did the rest of the trip without incident. I recommend a neoprene whitewater skirt for this boat. And it does roll nicely. I use this boat up on the San Juan almost daily. Great boat that handles just about anything.

Katadyn: