Submitted: 03-20-2003 by BrianPage52

I live in Florida and have owned my Cobra Navagator for about 8 months. During that time, I've used it to travel and explore a variety of places, including rivers, lakes, springs, coastal estuaries, and even deep open ocean on calm days. The Navigator tracks well, is very stable, and is relatively fast for a short, sit-on-top yak. I recently used it for a kayak/dive trip to a Florida spring and was surprised to find how much gear I was able to load into the hatches and scuba tank well with minimal sacrifice to speed, stability, and performance.

I spent quite a bit of time shopping before choosing my first kayak. Some of the reasons I selected the Cobra Navigator include the fact that it is lightweight (only 44 lbs.), it has a large forward A-shaped hatch for internal storage, a tankwell for scuba equipment (or any other gear you choose) for external storage, and is nimble, stable, and quick. I might add that I've gotten a lot of compliments on the look and style of the boat, too.

If you are looking for a kayak that you can take on long trips across rough water, you'll want to look at a longer touring-type sit-inside boat. But if you are looking for a kayak that is versatile, stable, and just plain fun to paddle, consider the Cobra Navigator. In addition, I've found the Cobra Kayak company staff to be extremely professional and accommodating.