Submitted: 03-06-2003 by Dean

Have owned a Cruiser purchased in Madison, WI in 1985. First canoe purchase after building and paddling kayaks. Took it into the BWCA last two years. Looking for a Kevlar replacement (or sister boat, don't want to give up the red one). Just need a lighter model than the Goldenglass layup. It's great to read that other folks have the same great satisfaction with the Cruiser. Ultimate compliment: paddling along side of my experienced BWCA paddling friend on Knife Lake, he confessed the Cruiser was so much easier, faster and efficient. He had taken a borrowed Cruiser in the BWCA for 4 of the past 6 years. It continued to confirm my "Dumb luck" choice for a canoe in 1985. As the years accummulate on me and my Cruiser, I'm looking for a Kevlar version. Did Sawyer make a Kevlar version? Are they still our there? Anything else come close in performance?