Submitted: 03-03-2003 by H.M. D.

We have had the twin otter for several years & it has not depreciated at all.The previous comments about poor tracking are very true for solo operation, but my wife & I find tracking totall acceptable when riding twin with our 17 lb. dog. We have noticed that we can easily outrun our friends who paddle a loon 111, a castine,& an adventurer. This seems amazing but it appears that two paddlers can go much faster than one, regardless of the shape of the boat. My wife is not an athletic type person & I am 57 years old. Total weight is around 400 lbs for us and the dog. The other paddlers mentioned are all in their 20's and younger. I now own a loon 111 also, and it seems faster than the twin otter solo, but two people paddling the wide, heavy,twin otter can sustain a much higher speed with no sweat for long distances. The twin otter is so stable I can reach over the side and retreive the pooch when over enthusiasm causes her to fall out of the boat. Thi boat hates solo paddlers, but loves a load. For recreational day use, buy it, you'll love it.Buy your own solo boat.