Submitted: 02-20-2003 by PJP

I have just bought a Swing as an ex rental. It was used for a year before I got it and is still in good condition. I looked at a scupper dive and another Q-kayak called an escapade which is made in New Zealand. I checked out this site for other peoples reviews on different kayaks to help in my choice.

I wanted a sit-on that was relatively fast paddling, stable for fishing and value for money. The scupper was faster but not as stable and would have needed a rudder. I am not a big person but found it a bit of a cramped ride. The Swing on the other hand was well it fitted like a glove. I'm very happy with it. The Escapade was slow but would make an ideal fishing and diving platform if you want to travel short distances. It was the cheapest and heaviest of the three. I really like the little things on the Swing like the moulded handle. I think it's best to try a few out and make up your own mind.