Submitted: 02-05-2003 by rickayak

I bought a Pungo 140 in October. I wanted an upgrade to my original Pungo (original 12 footer). I do love this new kayak. The Pungo 140 feels better, paddles easier, is faster than my friendís 17-foot sea kayak, and will serve well as a light touring boat. However, one issue that I have with it is that there are some uneven lines and areas that appear warped. This is apparently a result of flaws in the mold because every Pungo 140 that I have seen has them. This conclusion is also based on conversations with factory staff. As others have mentioned here, I found that the rear hatch does not have enough clearance to secure the lid well . . . by hand. I use a paddle blade to push the hatch cover down into the hatch groove to secure it. The Pungo 140 would have rated a 10 otherwise.