Submitted: 02-04-2003 by sperduton

The wife and I bought 138's in Fall 2002. We've used them quite a bit and they are great for what they're designed for. They're not a sea kayak. They can handle waves, but swamping one would require getting to shore to empty it. We use ours for calm water paddling and river trips. I think they are extremely comfortable and very verrsatile. There are times I wish I had a shorter boat, but then again, when I get out in more open paddling, I'm having an easier time paddling than my friends in the short boat. So it's a trade off. I'm also starting to learn why kayak people always tend to own more than one boat. Different boats for different occasions.

If you looking for a calm water boat, flat/class I, then it's a great boat. My friends have one and they sit their 4 yeard old boy in the cockpit in front of them. He loves it.