Submitted: 02-04-2003 by osugrad85

After months of deliberation and test rides, I purchased a new Cobra Wave Witch. I thought it would be the perfect boat for both flat water and surf. Well, it is a fairly fast and well tracking boat for flat water, but pearl dives big time in even the smallest of surf. Even leaning way back, like Cobra recommends on their webpage, did not prevent the pearl dives. I was also very disappointed with the quality of the boat. During the few times I had it on the water, I broke two rudders (yes, I broke one trying to get through some fairly small surf, replaced it under warranty, then found that it too was broken), and broke an adjustment strap related to the rudder. Fortunately the shop where I bought the Wave Witch let me trade it in for a Cobra Strike. I am very pleased with the Strike and highly recommend it. If you are dead set on buying a Wave Witch, be prepared to make lots of trips to your local shop to have repairs made or parts exchanged.