Submitted: 01-29-2003 by barracuda
I never reviewed the Frenzy before? I've had it for over four years. If you don't surf, don't buy this boat. This boat is VERY slow and if you need to paddle any distance at all over mile or two, try a Scrambler instead. It is also going to be wet if you are over 150#. I am a little over that myself and it is always wet, even with scupper plugs.

BUT it does one thing pretty well. It surfs. It surfs better than the Scrambler. It is very stable in the surf, and catchs waves other surf boats can't. The displacment hull does not allow advanced trix, but for just surfing for fun it is a great starter surf boat. Not a lot of control so don't try it at Steamer Lane or other crowded breaks. It gets no respect in the lineup. BUT when no one is watching, I would rather just kick it and surf the Frenzy.

The other thing it can do is fish the small Sierra Nevada lakes for trout. The high country lakes are so small even the Frenzy can cover them is short time. Plenty of stabilty for light fresh water fishing.