Submitted: 01-28-2003 by JLM

As a recreational kayak I love it. As a beginer I think it's an excellent choice to purchase. I use mine mostly on shoppy lakes, a very stable boat even though it was a lot tippier than the big old town "barges" I paddled in first. The skeg is great, down for chop and flatwater, up for rivers, it does exactly what it should do. The release ball is a little annoying when it pops out. But it doesn't happen all the time. The hatch in the back stays dry at all times, i've never had a problem with mine. The dagger does plow the water a bit so unless you are paddling on flat water there will be some spray in the cockpit, get a good skirt and it won't be a problem. I have only one complaint about the boat, if you think you can do eskimo rolls think again. There are no knee braces in this boat and you will only fall out of the cockpit if you try. At least I did... Maybe that's not saying much? haha. Overall it's a great beginner to intermediate boat, light, responsive, relativley fast, and stabile.