Submitted: 01-06-2003 by John McElhiney

I live in Seattle. We have some of the finest salt water kayaking in the world here and in nearby British Columbia. I got this kayak as a replacement of the Kodiak. The Kodiak has more deck rigging and more storage space, but I found it too hard to turn and carry. It seemed like a big Cadillac where as the Seagull more seems like a Subaru Outback. I have taken my Seagull on week long kayak camping trips as well as on photography weekends with camping. This boat has not failed me yet. It turns on a dime even without the rudder down. It is sleek and fast through chop and medium swells. The upswift bow really helps keep me dry as it cuts through the water like a hot knife through butter. I added some deck rigging to both the front and back for my camping trips. The only downturn to this magnificent kayak is that Prijon sure skimped on the deck netting/rigging. This one is sure worth the price for any beginner to expert kayaker.