Submitted: 12-30-2002 by g.dAVIS

SEVA 123 Stove What can I say? I bought my 123 in Wesbaden Germany in the PX during Reforger '78. I used it 2 and 3 times a day for 14 days to heat rations for 6 men. That means about 2 hours burn time as we still had the old tin can rations then and all drank coffee or tea. Was quite popular with the Brittish as I had the only stove that would boil water and I had my own pot & tea. I was so impressed with it that next trip into town I bought another as a back up. Any one who has ever had to 'Hump' all there stuff can tell you what that extra bit of weight means and the value the item must have to keep it. It's now 2002 and I still make tea and cook most of my meals on my seva as it gets quite warm here in Florida I see no need to heat up the house requiring the AC to work harder and increasing my electric bill. Bottom line; my 123 has been in use nearly 30 years and has only needed the cap rubber replaced 2 times and a steady supply of coleman stove fule. there are other more complex stoves 'out there' but I prefer the simplicity and ruggedness of my 123. SP4 Davis Former NCOIC Commo AZANG Kingman Az.