Submitted: 12-27-2002 by JoeMc

I recently purchased this boat as a gift for my low volume girlfriend. She was having trouble with the loose fit of our other boats. The Necky product is well designed. I found the fit and finish to be excellent. The seating surface is comfortable and supportive. Stock thigh braces are solid. I was skeptical about a rubber hatch. My concern was unfounded. The rear hatch utilizes a clever elastic sealing band that makes the rubber hatch absolutely water tight and one that will not implode. My dealer had me stand on it (175 lbs). The upswept bow is termed a "dolphin" type. It cuts through waves and sheds the water much like a ship would. It has an appealing, aggressive line when observed from the side (where I see it most). When she does let me paddle the Looksha I'm reluctant to give it back. Its hard chine design and low profile allow near instant turns and effortless directional changes. We are looking forward to taking this boat out into the surf zone this spring. Look for a future update. Overall, I believe this to be a good choice for a smaller paddler or someone wanting a tight fit. Happy paddling.