Submitted: 12-20-2002 by storms73

I purchased 2 critters for my family to use, wife an 2 childern son 13 an daughter 7 an yes it will be a few years before she can go alone.i did get a chance to try the critter out frist an i did like some other kayaks that i tried but i bought 2 demo's at a nice price.I paid $450.00 for both.Plus these will become the kids kayaks in time.i live 5 min from a lake so they'll get alot of use.i'll say my kids are part fish, they spend all summer in the lake.I purchased the critters in mid sept an have had them out approx 20 different times. in different conditions. they are very stable boats you almost have to try an tip these over it is that stable.it tracks very well with its built in keel beams.i've had it on slow moving rivers an it was very nice but the currents did pull it there way a few times but still did very well. even hitting a few rocks it just went over them very well.you didnt feel as tho it was going to dump me over.i had it out on my lake on a windy day an it didnt do as well, as to be expected. but i did get where i wanted to go. i had to come across one other time at about 45 degrees against the waves that where about 10-12" high. this did get interseting. i did get a little wet an was a little concerned when a few waves seemed to get close to top of cockpit. i have since bought a spray skirt but havent had a chance to try it.I will be looking for a better boat for my wife an i but do not regret buying the critter i'll still use them offen if i can get them from the kids.My wife likes the critters stabilty as well.I built a portage carrier to take them to the lake it works great even going offer tree roots.