Submitted: 12-17-2002 by Bob Toronchuk

Well I have used my kayak for 2 seasons now and I will stay with my rating of 4. I have since purchased another kayak and still have the same opinion of this boat.

What I would like to add is how to "fix" this boat. I was lending it to friends who had not used a kayak before. They all had problems tracking the boat which caused the "fun factor" to drop to frustration. I couldn't get people to go with me when they were not having fun.

So here is the fix from a Canadian, a hockey stick! No don't beat the &$#* out of your boat with the stick but mount it on the back of the boat. The nose of the boat is so deep it is like a skeg up there. By hanging a plastic blade hockey stick (no blade curve) off the back you counter the "skeg nose" with a skeg on the back. You can now stop paddeling and coast to a stop in a straight line! Pelican does not supply a skeg for this boat so you have to make your own. Try other ideas for a skeg, even an old paddle will work.