Submitted: 12-10-2002 by frank hampton

I bought my 16t for extensive cruises includind open water between keys in florida. I can carry alot of gear and can beach it and sleep inside it comfortable. I also fish extensively in it. It's not real fast,but i do 20+ miles a day very comfortable in it. I use it as a single most of the time and distribute the load. With 2 people aboard i put rear seat allthe way to the rear same with front seat inorder to keep bow high and don t have a problem with tracking. bow should not plow through water which really degrads tracking. I hasve a ford arostar van long wheel base. I fold down the rear seat pick up front of yak and place/drag into bacb. with bow high i slide yak into van up between front seats than i take a 4ft ladder and prop uo stern on ladder take to strong rubber tie down cords and strech between the rear door bolts on either side pull ladder out place in van. Then I slide a coleman cooler under keel for stablity and away I go little or no real effot required. Using common sense and watching the weather I ll take it anywhere along the coast. A great boat for my needs I dont sleep with the sand fleas.