Submitted: 11-26-2002 by Paul Robinson

This is my third kayak. I found this 1990 (?) used locally and bought it as a daily paddler as I found my Seda Glider a bit "twichy" in the confused chop that I often encounter. My paddling buddy has the Solstice GTS. The SS is the precursor of the GTS. The underbodies are nearly identical. The GTS has more bow flare for lift and some other top deck mold improvements as well. The SS is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful designs to ever come out of a mold. In a fast moving following sea the foredeck will often stay covered for a little more time than I enjoy - remember what I said about the GTS having more flare forward? - it needed it! That aside, initial stability is excellent as is tracking. It is also comfortable and is fairly easily driven up to a hull speed of about 5.4 mph. Beyond that I can see that it takes more effort to hit 6 with this boat than with my Seda or new Epic 18. This is a great used boat value and a truly CLASSIC design.