Submitted: 11-25-2002 by petrinapearls

I just bought a Pungo 100 and paddled it this evening for the first time. Its lighter weight and shorter length made it so much easier to carry, load and launch than my 12ft Pungo. It tracked just as well as the 12 footer, and seemed faster to me, while still demonstrating the same stability of the longer version. There is a little less room, of course, but I still managed to squeeze my dog in there in front of the seat. The Phase three seat is super, too. I miss the little pocket hatch where I stowed my cell phone and keys, but I can see that the large hatch will come in handy too. I donít miss that hard plastic hatch cover on the older Pungo. That could be so hard to open! The soft rubber hatch cover on the Pungo 100 is much easier to manage. Having sold one of my 12ft Pungos today, I am now definitely going to sell the other and buy a second Pungo 100!

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: