Submitted: 11-13-2002 by flysoup

Maiden trip. I launched into a 25 mph wind and white caps, breakers. 2 Fly Rods and all my equipment. Stowed below decks were dry pants,shirt,shoes, and jacket. Not in a dry bag, just loose. Rod tubes,extra reels of course Fly Boxes. I would guess at 25 lb. Me at 170 lb.

Summit seat, with small compass,water, raido, and lifejacket. I would say that all together 200 lb,

After a 30 min. driving into the wind and waves, I found that the 'Icelandic' bow was just the design I had been looking for. I was not covered with spray. I did find that laying the paddle across my lap would act as outriggers on the bigger waves. What realy surprized me was how far it traveled after a paddle stroke. I did use my weight shift to get the bow into the head sea. Leaning back to raise the bow and forward to slide down the back side.

I made my left turn and let the Tarpon take the Quatering sea. Still no Spray. After an hour I was still DRY My Butt was not even damp. This is the first SOT that kept me realy dry. Balances well when carried too.

Stable for Fly Fishing. Fast and Dry. Yep I like my Wilderness System Tarpon 160.