Submitted: 11-11-2002 by Tony

I have owned my plastic Looksha Sport for 2 years now. It came with a rudder two bulk heads and hatches for storage. At 5'11''and 185lbs this boat fits me well. I have used and abused the Looksha Sport in many of Ontarios lakes and rivers including day trips and multiday trips in Georgian Bay's 30,000 islands.

This kayak handles big water great, it can be a blast to surf (still learning). The speed issue kinda makes me chuckle... it is not a slow boat, mind you no 14' boat will be as fast as a 17' sea kayak. Anyway my advise is slow down and you may see something out there.

The boats stability is great for anyone other than a novice who has never sat in a kayak before, but confidence is quickly obtained. The boat turns quicker than anything comparable, especially if you lean on the hard chine to carve your turns. Tracking can be tricky initially. The rudder corrects this problem....but the use of the rudder in my view compromises turning speed when playing in the waves (likely true of most kayaks)

Anyway...I really enjoy this boat....Man winter is going to be long!!!