Submitted: 11-04-2002 by JimSr.

I've received a lot of questions since I bought this boat used just this year. It is about 30" wide with no tumlehome, it has about 4" of rocker on both ends, turns like it has 3" but paddles straight enough that you'd think it only had 2". It is a very solid boat with a bottom shaped like Captions but it does not handle as fast or quickly as Caption or Impules. It is also heavier than the Dagger boats but not so heavy it is much a a problem in car topping etc. It has been a good begginers boat for me and I know it is not anywhere near as quick handling or as adept at surfing etc as the new boats are but it will run a lot of waster. I have a nice e-mail from a well known WW open boater and writer that speaks well of this model. It was his first WW boat and he's kept it since 1990 and still uses it on big water out west. He indicated how well it punches through big holes! Some people think it is too heavy and sluggish and I suppose by todays standards it is. I got a lot of use out of mine. I rate it a 8 because for the $'s you pay it would be hard to beat as a beginners boat.