Submitted: 10-28-2002 by Dave

The good.... it's lightweight and removable. It takes just a few minutes to set the system up. The rack stows in a padded case, which you can store behind the seat.

The not so good.... when I first got my 60lb kayak up on this rack I was a bit surprised about how flimsy it is. The rack attaches to rails, which mount to your truck via six screws. The rack itself is made of high-strength aluminum tubing. Same type of aluminum tubing windsurfing booms are made of. Problem is, the tubing and the plastic feet are flexible. Hit a pot hole or catch a gust of wind and your boat will wobble a couple of inches from side to side. It's just enough to make one nervous.

I solved the wobble problem by using two pair of bow and stern lines to guy out cross bracing at the back and front of the rack. I'm glad I was able to come up with a fix or I would have been a very unhappy customer.