Submitted: 10-23-2002 by Ed

My wife and I wanted a cartopper which would handle a two foot chop and a trol motor. I haul the Itasca on a 1990 VW Golf hich leaves four feet of overhang with a great big red flag. It does everything we wanted. I fish small trout ponds and big lakes in southern New Hampshire, as well as Saco Bay in Maine. The canoe performs very well with an electric trolling motor, but extra weight is needed in a high wind. We are novice paddlers and it is so easy to paddle that that we do not know if our paddles are the correct length or not. We have had calm days this summer on Saco Bay Maine and we travelled several miles out toward the open ocean and enjoyed the company of our friends lounging in a beach chair in this canoe. We can actually accommodate two adults with beach chairs in this canoe and paddle comfortably around Saco Bay. Hats off to Mr. Jensen who both designed and recommended this caddy of canoes for a recently retired 61 year old couple. This winter this Carribean beauty goes to Appalachicola Bay for 90 days of Florida rest and relaxation as we bask in our first year of retirement.