Submitted: 10-18-2002 by Brent322

I just spent four hours in this boat and I am sold. I've been through a dozen poly boats in the last year looking for the one that I'd purchase and this is it. At this point, I'd consider myself a novice. However, I want a boat that I can become an expert in without being initially intimidated.

This boat handles very well. It took me about half an hour to become comfortable with the initial tippy fealing. But the more I worked my technique, the boat really inspired my confidence. With my lack of skills, it supprised me that I came to trust the secondary stability so much. First boat that I've gotten to that point with. With the skeg up, the boat turns on a dime. Applying different depths of skeg ranged from just enough handling to dead on tracking. While I wouldn't call the boat fast, certainly not as fast as a Looksha, it was satisfying. Furthermore, it glides very well and it seems to hold it's handling characteristics even in a good chop.

I think the plastic could be stiffer or more substantial, but then again, the boat already weighs 60lbs! The seat was comfortable as was the band. But I agree with another reviewer in that the rigging could be sturdier and more of it up front.

Overall, I've never had so much fun in a kayak as I had in this one.

NOCQUA Adventure Gear: