Submitted: 10-15-2002 by G. Baldwin

I had the opportunity to use a Honcho at the NOC kayak school. I am 5'11", weigh 218# and have a 34" inseam and size 10 feet. Like at Yoga, my feet were sole-to-sole with little wiggle room,and my knees were pressed against the side of the kayak. I would have paid ransom for some padding! Also, I thought the seat connection was chintzy and the Bomber Gear backband was unsupportive. If someone got this boat, some serious retrofitting might be in order. That being said, I liked the performance of the kayak. It edged nicely, turned quickly and responded well. Had a tendency to pearl a bit if I was paddling faster. But, all in all, I liked the boat enough to be tempted to buy it off NOC even though it was "well worn" from a season of classes. My recommendation is: get in it and see if you can get comfortable. If so, I honestly think you would like it!