Submitted: 10-11-2002 by dk883

This rating system is hard. Compare this paddle to other paddles it's a 6-7. Compared to paddles in or near its price it's a big 10.

I recently took a $55.00 gamble and bought a Harmony Adventure Paddle. Sure that I was making a mistake because of its price and the price of many, actually any other paddle. I've used it about 10 times now and can say it is a steal. I have swiched 3 times with other paddlers to compare differences. All three had $100-$200.00 paddles and felt such a small difference that I'm happy. I diddn't like the touring blades,(long & thin no bite & slow. I was sure the Adventure blade would break the first time I got up stream and stuck on sand in shallow water and have to clam dig my way out to deeper water. Well this happened to me and it didn't break!

I was told by so many to go light. This paddle is 35oz. Heck an Aquabond Seaquel is 41oz. The Harmony has an aluminum black shaft featherable with plastic (yet strong) blades that are asymmetircal/dihedral. My only minor complaint is the blade size is a little small at 17"x7" and I mean minor complaint. I give it an 8 for what it is and thats a steal. There are much nicer paddles out there $$$ it's just that usually you get what you pay for. I think this time compared to others you get more than you pay for. If money didn't matter this would still be a good paddle. This will be my spare when I get rich and go touring.