Submitted: 10-07-2002 by greenmonsterbrewing

Hi! This is my first kayak (have been canoeing for many years) This is a very stable little boat which tracks well and will float in less than a foot of water. I did manage to tip it on my second day out -entirely MY FAULT not the boat's! (see, there was this tackle box on the bottom that I thought I could reach...) the boat is very forgiving, but push it too far, and it is hard to recover. I have since ridden class 1-2 rapids (without a skirt) battled smallmouth bass and caught a 12 pound catfish (after a ten minute fight - being dragged all around the river...) without a problem. My 9 and 6 year old daughters love it - the 6 year old can go out by herself (in still water with a pfd) or sit in front of me and paddle. This is not a white water boat, but is GREAT rec. boat and when pushed to its limits can handle small rapids - don't go higher than class 2 without a skirt!