Submitted: 10-03-2002 by Gary

I took this kayak out on the Columbia River and had no problems. It is made of very good quality materials and multi-layered construction. It seems near impossible to sink under any kind of condition it was designed to handle. It would be very hard to break through all the layers of protection to deprive the chambers of air.

Having only taken it out once (and only having used Kleppers before), I would say its disadvantages are:

1. The chief disadvantage as far as I can tell is the fact that it has so many layers that it's hard to dry out.
2. It also seemed very hard to row upstream against the Columbia (I haven't tried it with the plywood bottom).
3. Took me awhile to get it set up the first time. It was difficult to tell exactly how much air was enough (or too little) in the chambers. Hopefully that will be easier next time with a better pump!

Excellent quality for the price!