Submitted: 09-30-2002 by Peter_K
Keepers came installed on my expensive British boat. They stink! The rails bend then the footrests seperate from the rail during a roll or frantic unassisted surf launch and there you are with only one foot rest in surf or nasty stuff. Great for recreational boaters, I'm sure. Perhaps mine are defective, but QC is not my job. Also the manufacturer has no retail presence on the web so I would have to bother the retailer and the kayak producer and it's really not happening. Yakimas are heavy and can stick, but seem to be sturdier. Lengths are available to go onto the same studs sticking out from the hull. Shame on manufacturers charging top money for sea kayaks and outfitting them with these cheap toys. Kudos to Seaward and others who do not use them. Keepers, read this, improve, and e-mail me. I would love to write you a better review and I'm sure the US can make a good lightweight footrest.