Submitted: 09-20-2002 by Mark

This is a great little boat! I had a chance to demo one this summer, and I was pleasantly surprised at its speed, tracking, and load capacity. It's well built. This boat offers the most bang for the buck out there.

Who should consider this boat? One, beginners should, since it's stable and easy to paddle; it's also a SOT, which are beginner friendly. Two, those who just want to get out on the lake, bay, canal, etc., and have fun. Three, those who want a great value.

The only negative thing I could say about this boat is the lack of tie downs and storage capacity. There's little room for fishing tackle, dive tanks, and so on. However, this boat isn't targeted at that audience, so that isn't a big deal. The boat was targeted at the novice kayaker. Hence, it was designed to give a good combination of stability, tracking, and speed that would suit both novices and more experienced paddlers. It was also designed and built for a price that would make anyone smile. In its intended role, the boat is awesome!

I've been looking for my own boat, since the rentals are adding up-ha! I want a decent, all-round boat. However, I don't have a fortune to spend. That puts the Mainstream Twist on my short list! It doesn't have as much carrying capacity as I would like, but hey, you can't have everything. Therefore, I'll give this great little boat a 9...