Submitted: 09-18-2002 by ebrackett

I've owned and paddled a few different boats in search of a comfortable high performance sea kayak that wasn't 40ft long and 100 lbs(exageration). Old town, perception and current design to name a few. They all came up short in one area or another compared to the Necky Eskia.

I'm 5'11" and 170 lbs so I needed something sea worthy but not the size of the Titanic. Weighing in at 64 lbs, with a length of 16'4" this boat is ideal for someone my size. It's made from polyethylene and contains two large dry hatches that do what they're supposed to..."keep things dry." It has the diamond shaped hull design which makes for great initial stability and secondary stability. However it does not turn as well as boats with a round hull but if you choose to have a rudder (which in my opinion is a must) you'll be able to turn on a dime. The thigh braces are very comfortable and the seat became comfortable after I adjusted it correctly.

All in all I recommend this boat to anyone my size looking for a reliable high performance sea kayak.