Submitted: 09-10-2002 by CTC

I am a brand new paddler. I've been in this sport less than a month and I am already trying to clear the schedule so I can get some time in on the water. I took classes at NOC and paddled my GTX there and loved it. They use the GT/GTX and Sonic/Supersonic as their training kayaks. I am writing this review for all of us beginners who are timid about shelling out a $1000 bucks for a boat. Let me tell you that the GTX (and the GT - which my wife bought) is well worth it. From a beginner's perspective, you will be pretty comfortable. The adjustments are sufficient to suit just about anyone and Dagger gives you extra foam to get you started (you will probably need some more to really get a great fit). This boat was fairly easy to roll and great to learn in. The back band is pretty aggrevating and I bought a IR Wankle to replace it. All around, this is a fun and forgiving boat that any beginner should feel comfortable in. For all the playboating qualities, see someone else's review because I'm not quite at that level - yet!