Submitted: 09-09-2002 by Ken

I bought my RASCAL in Aug and used it about 10 times. I still have to get used to it a bit it seems. It tends to 'waggle' some in calmer waters but it could just be technique, after all I am somewhat of a novice. So if you're looking for a great tracking kayak to dink around in calm water, this isn't for you. BUT when I went with my two friends in their 14' ZOARs in an ocean sound, my Rascal handled equally or better than theirs did. And the rougher the water, the better it SEEMED (key word) to handle. Stability is incredible... unless you're getting in and out of the boat, lol. It also rides waves very well also. In a nutshell, I'm VERY pleased with the RASCAL as my first kayak. I'll get a longer kayak next year maybe, but I'm keeping Pickles :) It's just a fun kayak! PS - DO NOT take a Rascal against a strong currant, thru a small tunnel (like an overpass tunnel or the like) unless you’re an experienced Kayaker!