Submitted: 09-06-2002 by tvcrider
This is for all of you owners out there with composite boats (gel or skin coats) and are considering a kayak transport system. If you have read all the negative reveiws on the Yakima Mako Saddles regarding damage they cause to boats with gelcoats I would like to suggest that you consider the J-Cradle system. They are relatively easy to install on any Yakima or Thule crossbar. Since the hold your boat in a more vertical position they allow for more roof top space for additional mounting accessories. They go for about $99 and can be purchased from several on-line retailers including LL Bean. I have been using mine for two years to transport my Carbon/Kevlar P&H boat. No damage to the gelcoat. Not even a scratch. Wonderful product and no, I do not have any interests in the company. I'm, just a very happy customer. I am surprised more shops do not carry them.