Submitted: 09-04-2002 by kayak
I have now logged over 10,000 miles on the trailer. I live in Orlando and this includes trips all over FL., Ozark rivers in MO., Buffalo river in AK., whitewater trips in NC. The majority of the miles are highway at 65 -75 mph and I have no problem getting through the Atlanta mess at rush hour with the trailer. I have also used it on forest roads (washed out, sandy, bumpy). I am extremely pleased with the trailer. Also with Jim Martin of Jimco Mfg. He is always available to take a phone call or calls back.

The problem that I had early on was the fenders kept blowing off and I would call Jim and we would discuss. He made two modifications. The first one helped but did not solve the problem and I told him to forget the fenders. The trailer does not need them but a couple of weeks later he called me and said he was sending me another set to try out. I have put about 2,500 miles on the trailer with the new fenders and they work fine. Jim is always working to improve his line of trailers.

I have several boats. I have carried a 17' sea kayak, 14' solo canoe, 13' whitewater canoe, 10' whitewater inflatable. I have also used it as a shuttle vehicle and carried four boats, it will carry three canoes easily and many combinations. I have mounted a large plastic box on the bed that I carry paddling gear.

As for bouncing around - no this is not a problem. The trailer handles the same with one boat on the side or one on each side. On my trip to AR. I brought up one canoe and one of the other paddlers had a problem with his Mohawk canoe so I brought it back to Orlando for him (their factory is outside Orlando).

As far as other trailers. I researched every other light boat trailer on the market. Reviewed web sites, read msg boards and the trailers that I had some interest in I called and talked to the Mfg. The only one that came close was a bike trailer sold in Calif. that is modified for carrying kayaks.

I believe that Jimco has a bike mount for the trailer. I do not bike so not positive.