Submitted: 09-03-2002 by Ted

WET! Eventhough most sit on tops are wet, I sat in a puddle of water all day. I am used to dry ride sit on tops. I should have checked to see if they rented scupper plugs. Scupper plugs are a poor excuse for bad design.

The tracking on the boat was poor. If I stopped paddling, the boat would spin around in the opposite direction (no wind or current issues that day).

My standard milk crate that fits in some of the other kayaks I have paddled did not fit in the tank well, but I bungied it on the back anyway. I brought my anchor and attached it to the bow. I was halibut drift fishing off Ventura, CA. The stability of the boat was excellent, and the speed was average. There are too many other newer kayak designs that offer equal to better stability, a drier ride and better tracking for me to do anything else than rent this boat when forced to. I know next time to bring my wetsuit.