Submitted: 09-03-2002 by M Krane

I bought this kayak off the internet mainly because I wanted a light-weight fiberglass kayak at a reasonable price. I am 5' 10" and 175 lbs. and the boat fits me like a glove. It has a padded seat and adjustable back band available in lots of colors. The deck has a swirled color design and can be custom ordered any color at no extra charge. However these are Brittish boats so a custom order may take a while. It has VCP hatch covers, perimeter deck lines and bungees where they should be. The Diamonte Soverign has more than satisfied me in a wide variety of conditions. In the 8 months I have had this boat, I have paddled in wind/ waves/ chop/ calm and everything in between. It is a nice dry ride. It has great initial stability. I can pull my legs out one at a time in deep water and hang them over the side to cool off with little concern about tipping. Secondary stability is excellent also. It is easy to turn with a little lean and/or stoke action. It is fast on the water, I can average 5 miles per hour easily. I got one with a skeg, but I rarely have a need for it because the boat tracks very well. In calm water with no paddling and a mild breeze the boat will drift sideways. But turn it into or away from the wind, and it stays where you put it. Mine is under 45 lbs., so handling it out of the water is a very easy. I would recommend this boat to my best friends without hesitation.