Submitted: 08-28-2002 by JWC

I've had my spectrum for several years now and have found it be ideal for trips I like to take, overnighters of a week on the lakes I like to travel. I have the rudder installed and have been quite pleased when a wind comes up and is pushing my paddle buddies sideways across the lake and forcing them to seek wind shelters to make it back it back to camp, I can point the nose toward camp and have the coffee on and dinner cooking before they come staggering in. In addition, the front and rear storage area's allow me to pack all the gear I need as well as some extra comfort items I enjoy. Thos baot was never intended as white water runner, but I have run it through a couple class II and III stretches, which is as far as my skills wanted to go. I have found it to be rugged and dependable craft, easily controlled as well as easy to load and unload at a camp site.