Submitted: 08-26-2002 by Sploosh

It flutters! It dives! It blows in the wind! It rips your bloody arms off! I'm a more aggressive paddler than most but I'm no match for this monster paddle. It grabs a lot off water but exacts the toll from your shoulders. I enjoy this paddle for 20 minutes, but after that its a struggle. I've learned to use a lower paddle angle for self preservation. A high angle causes more fluttering, diving and flying in the wind. It's completely unmanagable with my 27" wide Islander Ventura, but works a lot better with my sleek Cobra Eliminator.

If you don't paddle very far, have a fast boat and gorilla shoulders (or are trying to build gorilla shoulders) you may like this paddle. It's light and well-built. It's the best paddle I own for paddling my Eliminator. But that will change when I can save $300 for something better.

New York Kayak Co.: