Submitted: 08-21-2002 by RR

I bought a plastic Sealution II last summer and am in it almost constantly. I normally paddle around the island of Montreal or in one of the lakes in the vacinity. I have also taken it to Nova Scotia where I've been out in the open ocean. I have yet to find a wind or water condition that this boat could not handle easily. I never use a rudder (well almost never) and I find it tracks very well even in big seas. It carves well and doesn't break your back to roll despite its size and weight. My only complaint is the placement of the knee pads. The first few dozen times I tried to roll it I kept popping out. Despite the fact that I am stupid enough to transport it upside down on foam racks in the blazing sun it has never lost its shape. It is a great first, all purpose boat that handles flat water, some white water, and ocean very well.