Submitted: 08-19-2002 by hirpm

I was looking for a small touring boat for less than 1,000 and found a Callisto Expedition, new for 536.00. I could not pass it up at that price and now I'm glad I didn't. It's quick, nimble, and tracks well. Stability is very good for a boat 13'8" and 24" wide. I gained confidence in it quickly. It makes a great exercise boat and that was what I was looking for. I'm 5'9" and 190 lbs. with size 9 feet My feet hit tne next to the last peg slot just right. I paddle barefoot. This is my second Dagger Kayak and they just seem to fit me well. I have a Cypress listed on Ebay now, also a fine rec. kayak. The max. capacity of the Callisto is 205 lbs so I plan on taking 15 lbs off of the paddlers girth to lighten the load.This web site has been a lot of help in my research for this purchase. I started fishing for Largemouth Bass from Kayaks several years ago and it is the most fun I've ever had on water. I would advise, if you get a Callisto get the Expedition model with a stern bulkhead and put a float bag in front. It is a very low volume boat and sometimes the water can look very big. Have fun, be safe.