Submitted: 08-12-2002 by jessie

I just bought the vista this summer. I demoed several boat and enjoyed the responsiveness of the Vista. I found the more stable yaks borring and less gracefull to handle. Some were like paddleing a barge! The Vista proved it can handle a lot. On the vacation to NH white mountain region proved it. We took a river trip with 17 other yaks down a class 1 and 2 river out to Ossiepe lake. The vista hadled the river just fine it was easy to turn around the outcropings and logs. but on the lake the winds were high and made very choppy white capped water, too windy for the sail boats to sail! We had to put two tow lines to the back of the vista to tow in my 11 year old daughter and her friend, the wind, current, chop, and seveal hours of paddleing was getting to much for them. (they were in swiftys we rented). with the wind, chop and two boats in tow the vista handled great. it tracked well was still easy to paddle and no water in the cockpit eventhough I didnt have the skirt on. We all made it to shore and laughed not bad for a little yellow yak.