Submitted: 08-07-2002 by Rick618

I have a Poke Boat, the regular one made of fiberglass. I use it mostly for duck hunting in the fall/win and fishing in the spring. They are light weight at less than 30#'s and handle well, unless there is a strong breeze or current as the boat has no keel to help keep you headed in the desired direction. Would recommend some kind of back support, either a folding type camp chair or just a pc of plywood(cut out similar to a tomb stone), works great and gives you the support needed for long hauls. I have been on an open river when the wind picked up and so did the waves, 2-3 foot swells. Pointed the nose into them, put on the life jacket, and paddled for shore, for every stroke fwd if I stopped to rest I would get pushed back 2-3. These are great boats for small creeks, streams, backwater sloughs, and canals. Enjoyed many many trips and look forward to another season!